Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Fire House!

Max and I visited the Farmington Hills Fire Department with the Moms' Club I'm a part of a few weeks ago. We got a tour of the fire house, saw a fireman put on his protective gear, and got to walk through a fire truck. Below is a picture of several of the boys checking out the front of the fire engine, Max is on the far end.

Max posed for me (kind of) near the wheel of the fire engine to show how big the wheel is...it's about the same size he is.
Here he is by the back of the fire engine after he walked through and was totally freaked out by the fireman waiting on the other side to help him off. He started crying and screaming, "NO!" because he didn't want that strange man to help him. After we got off I asked him why he didn't want the fireman to help him down and he replied, "I didn't want that man touching me mama." Ha! Smart kid but I sure hope he doesn't do that if he's trapped in a fire!

And, this is a picture of Max covering his ears at the beginning of the fireman's talk about the history of the Farmington Hills Fire Station. It was loud in the garage and they kept making announcements over the speakers and there were a ton of people there to take the tour. I think he was a bit overwhelmed by all the sounds. I also think he was a bit freaked out that he sirens would go off at any minute.

We had a great time visiting the fire house. Max has stated several times that when he grows up he wants to be a fireman! It obvioulsy had quite an impression on him.


No comments:

Post a Comment