Sunday, January 2, 2011

A new year!

I'm terrible at keeping up with this blog...so here's my quarterly report. ha!

Liam: turned 11 months Christmas day and will be one (1) January 25th. He is in the 100th percentile for height and 75th percentile for weight...big boy! He's happy, easy, full of laughter and brings great joy and calm to our home.

Max: Will be four (4) January 10th. He's still very tall and very thin...getting him to eat anything is a huge challenge and I fear he will soon be overtaken by his brother. ha! He's full of energy, stories, ideas, and loves to solve problems and work! He's a fabulous big brother; always protective and loving. He brings creativity and a new vision to our lives!

Liam is walking! He started walking about 2-3 weeks ago and over Christmas has really taken off. He loves being able to get places on his own and "explore" more of the house and his brother's room. Max, although thrilled with Liam's progress, has been more protective over his prized possessions. We've had to come up with a "safe space" for Max to use things that he doesn't want Liam to play with.

Liam has loved Christmas, the tree, the decorations, and mostly the gift wrapping and boxes. He's become obsessed with getting in and out of boxes lately. So funny! He was great with the tree and after the small one we had in our living room toppled over on him he really didn't grab the ornaments any more. He learned to touch them gently and say, "Oooooo!" because they were so pretty.
Walking with a gift from Aunt Sarah in Cali. Such a great push toy! He loves the chopin' gators but tries to sit on it more than push it, which would be a great idea if it still worked with him sitting on it, but it doesn't. The gators can't chomp with his booty crushing their heads!

Max was super excited that Santa brought him the Bat Cave this year! He's been playing with it non-stop. That and his pirate costume which came with a treasure chest, sword, and dragon to slay...or train!


Max and daddy fighting the dragon!

Liam playing the triangle...he's really quite good!


Christmas Eve at Aunt Courtney's house...she had a great little program about Christ and the meaning of Christmas.


So...someone took out our mailbox a few weeks ago and we hadn't been receiving our mail, obviously. I called the Post Office to see how I could go about getting my mail and they told me to put my mailbox back up. I asked how I was suppose to dig a hole in the frozen ground and they suggested I purchase an auger. Well, that didn't happen. Instead, Isaac and Max took our trash can and filled it with snow....our mail has come every day since!


Getting ready to go out and play in the snow. Liam wasn't quite sure about his coat and snow pants...he's not a fan of the hat either. But, after he was outside he realized its purpose and stopped taking it off, however, he never really got into the whole snow thing. He just wanted to be held and then go back in and admire the snow from the window.


Max's gingerbread house....he did all the decorating himself!



Liam learned to give kisses and loves to give them to Max especially! So cute!


First snowfall. So gorgeous!

Merry Christmas!

Max outside the window. Super cold! Building a sledding hill in the front yard with Isaac and throwing snowballs at the window where Liam and I were watching. I'm so not a fan of the cold! I can endure it and enjoy it for a few days but then I'm ready for the warm weather...we have a ways to go!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are so great! The one of the kiss is just precious. I can't believe Liam is already walking! I love that you've had to find a safe place for Max's stuff - sounds like my stuff and my puppy! :) Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete