Sunday, March 14, 2010

Liam growing strong!

Liam is now 6 weeks old and growing like crazy! He weighed in at 11.5 lbs when he was just over a month old so he's eating very well. He is a pretty calm baby for the most part, but he doesn't care to be held or cuddled unless he's tired, and he definitely does not like loud noises which makes it interesting with a 3 yr old around.

Max is still enjoying being a big brother and is very proud when we are out-n-about to show off Liam. But, when at home it is sometimes a different story. He hasn't quite mastered the art of "being gentle" with Liam, but he's improving. The hardest times for him to be gentle are when he's tired or hasn't eaten for a while, seems obvious. Overall Max is a great big brother who can't wait for Liam to get old enough to play with him.

Isaac and I are still adjusting to having two kids. While I was pregnant I kept thinking it would be a change, but didn't seem like it would be that big of a deal. However, since giving birth I've been proven wrong. Days are filled with laughter, tears, playful banter, tantrums, deep breathing, and also many joyful moments while my nights are mostly exhausting. I'm not a very good sleep-deprived person and these last six weeks have been trying. I know there is a light but I'm still trying desperately to seek it.

Max is improving behavior wise but he's had a very hard time sharing our attention especially because I've been breast feeding which is consuming. Isaac and I don't get much "quiet"time together but we, too, are learning and adjusting. I know that in the next 6 weeks things will again change dramatically so I'm trying to appreciate each day that we get through and be thankful for the new life that's been given to us. "This to shall pass."

Liam - two weeks old
Two weeks old trying to ignore all the noise.

Liam, Max and my cousin, Lori when she was in for a visit from Boston, MA.


Liam and his Mi-mi Ford. Isn't she beautiful?

Mi-mi Ford with her two grandsons. How lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Erin! You are such a trooper!! I know when you're in the middle of caring for a newborn it can be overwhelming!! But, they do grow sooo fast! Hang in! Liam is adorable!! Let me babysit for you two sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many friends pregnant, or with newborns, and sometimes it makes me so badly want another one, BUT, I like you am not a good sleep deprived person...and I dread the newborn phase. The first 3 months are so rough. It sounds like you are hanging in there though. He is so adorable. The light will eventually show up...and probably when you need it to most...just keep hanging in there, cos rest and sleep will be there again eventually. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete